Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday: Yoga night


Tonight was Yoga. Sue had planned a Yin yoga and restorative night.
Yin Yoga has the same goals and objectives as any other school of yoga; however, it directs the stimulation normally created in the asana portion of the practice deeper than the superficial or muscular tissues (which we are calling the yang tissues). Yin Yoga targets the connective tissues, such as the ligaments, bones, and even the joints of the body that normally are not exercised very much in a more active style of asana practice.
I feel very settled after, except for the raging headache. Although I suspect that has more to do with the weather.

I wish I knew what happened to me in the last two weeks but something was not right. I wanted to workout and follow my plan but it felt like I could not make my body, well more my mind do anything. I felt resentful to the schedule and like it was supposed to be for someone else...there I go again. I feel like it should have been for an athlete, not me.
So this week the program will not own me. I will own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment