Friday, February 27, 2009

Love of running


I did love running. I loved a schedule, I loved the feeling while running, I loved finishing and logging a run. I loved being all sweaty and feeling accomplished. I loved knowing that I ran that little bit further or faster. I loved a new route and most of the time I loved hills. I did not love the beginnig of a run, almost every single time. I would spend the first 5-10mins wondering what on earth I was doing to my body and why I was not doing something else less stressing to my body and mind. Eventually my body would win over and send signals to my mind that we were, in fact enjoying this.
The picture, as tiny as it is, is from my first half marathon. It was Scotiabank and I trained really hard for it and was so proud of my efforts. As soon as I was done I realized how proud I felt and how much I then wanted to beat my time one day.
I guess the only way I will find my love of running is by uhhhhh ummm actually getting out there and run!

2 comments: