Monday, February 16, 2009

Last summer.

I tried to find my first try-a-tri report but could not on RM so here is the second:
Lakeside (june 8th) (300m/10K/2k) 53:50 -
TOTAL TIME Age group placement: 7/10
Total race placement: 52/ 95
8:25(over all swim time)
2:49(per 100m)
2:18(T1)
48(bike place)
26:05 (total time)
23.0 (speed)
1:10(T2)
15:53 (run total)
7:57 (per Km)
Milton (June 1) (375m/10/2.5K)1.02.09 – total time Age group placement 44/69
Overall swim time (14.59)
Swim per m: 4.003
Bike overall: 29.05
Bike 20.6
Run total 18.05 Km/h (7.15)

Well I did Lakeside Give it a try today. It was a differnet distance than Milton so having a hard time comparing them. I was pretty wound up going to the race but luckily I had a LONG drive to try to bring myself down. Once I got there I was still nervous but was trying to get myself ready to face the swim portion. Last weekend Milton felt like it kicked my ass for sure, and the swim scared me. I signed up for this to get back into the open water swim to not build the fear up too much in my head. I got there did my transition area thing, body marked etc and had almost 2 hours to chill and watch the swim start for the triathlon. I chatted with a few people and then it was time to get ready to get in the water..although I did not want to . It was 75m shorter than Milton. I started closer to the back and a bit off to the side. It was a good strategy as I had people behind me but not close to me- I ended up swimming wide around the markers but that was ok with me. I felt pretty good throughout the whole thing and did front crawl the whole way and did not stop once. I must figure out a way to not let my goggles fog. Out of pool and struggle to get wetsuit off and into running shoes (yes no clipless YET for me) and off I go on the bike. I felt pretty strong on the bike this time and played tag with a few girls- in the end 2 finished before me and 4 after . It was soon over and off the bike and off with the helmet and on with the hat. Run was .5k shorter than Milton Legs felt not good but not horrid either - just wobbly. I found the run tough but other than walking to get water at the turn around I ran/shuffled the whole way - and then DONE

The three best things about today: 1. Cowbell and more cowbell - Mini T being there was awesome - I thought I had wanted to do this and face the fear on my own and asked 2 friends to not come but that cowbell was my focus point during my race. It was also wonderful to sit and have ice cream while watching people play in the water
2. My confidence in doing this triathlon thing is increasing
3. I know I can do more with PROPER (not yo-yo) training.

No comments:

Post a Comment