Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fit piece A into piece B...where do the rest go?


My desire to train again is back and my overall physical and mental health is improving. However how on earth do I fit everything in!???! I work from 8-5 each day at school and other than about a total of 10mins throughout the day when I need to pee I am never away from my class. I am teaching, helping, coaching, running a club or preparing for the next lesson. I spend an hour after school at meetings, planning, trying to mark or giving extra help. By the time I get home it is 5:30, I grab some food and then most nights I work at home. Home is the one place I can mark books/tests/assignments without interruptions. But then where do I fit in taking care of me and what I like. How can I swim/bike/run?
I have my trainer in my living room which I think will help with the biking. I can do 20mins or more on that a night. But I am finding it really hard to get in the running and swimming. If I spend the night doing that (which I would rather!) then I have a pile of paperwork waiting for me.
I know that I am writing this during one of the worst times in teaching - second term reporting! It comes so quickly after term 1 that fitting in all I have to teach and assess feels next to impossible.
I guess I need to try to balance it more...just don't see how at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. L, I adore the picture (reminds me of Days of Our Lives-lol). There is a precious balance, that is for certain. You may have to work at it a bit, but I am positive that you will find your own way to work it all in. I know that I can't read while on the TM or trainer, but if that's an option can you do "easier" stuff while doing that?

    But - in the end 20 minutes is better than 0 minutes right?

    Keep on peddaling sistah!

    ReplyDelete